Find out more about the casino software suppliers powering you favourite mobile casinos
Casino software reviews
It's all well and good finding mobile casinos that reward your loyalty or have great welcome bonuses, but if they don't have the casino games to bet on you are looking for then you might aswell be taking a nap.
Cause it's the games that online casino software companies like NetEnt, Microgaming and Play'n GO produce that you will see front and center of any top casino site.
And with a diverse range of mobile video slots, blackjack, roulette, video poker and live casino games to choose from finding the best casino software providers that reward you with the highest RTPs, themes and betting ranges is key to a good time.
What is a casino software?
A casino software provider or game developer is a company that designs, creates and licences the casino games like slots, roulette and blackjack to online casinos, land based casinos or both.
In simple terms they are the film makers who create the films you see in cinemas.
What makes a software provider better than another?
Online gambling software provdiers like Microgaming, IGT and Playtech have been around for decades. They are well established pioneers in the casino industry and have consistantly created games that players recognise and enjoy time and time again like Thunderstruck, Cleopatra and Premium European Roulette from Playtech.
That's not to say that theses iGaming companies are necessarily the best, even though they each have hundreds of gambling games mixed between the different genre and varieties they produce games in such volume that not every one can be a hit.
Newer, less established yet growing software like Yggdrasil and Thunderkick have increased the pressure creating cutting edge games with better graphics, unique features and offering varied bets or betting strategies to choose from within the games themselves like Elk Studios do in their slots.
Obviously which is the best slots or blackjack casino software to play will depend on your preference, but here's a few things to look for.
- Quality of Games - Quality and quantity don't always go hand in hand. Providers like Net Entertainment manage to some how do both with their range of mobile slot machines and Multi Hand Blackjack tables being easy and beautiful to play.
- Number Of Games - The number of online casino games a software have isn't always a sign of a great mobile gambling company. Many new casino developers have a small amount of games but offer high quality, features and game play so it's worth looking around.
- Variety of Games - If you like to play mobile slots online then you're in luck as these are the biggest collections you'll find at any multi game mobile casino site and are the ones that most of the industry leaders as well as up and coming slots developers produce. That's not to say you won't find blackjack or roulette tables on mobile as well as live casino games but these are limited to certain providers like, IGT, Microgaming, Play'n GO, NetEnt and Evolution Gaming.
- Return To Player Rates - Each type of casino game and even each casino game will have a different theoretical return to player rate or RTP. This is displayed in a percentage and it shows the percentage you stand to win over time from your bets. The higher the RTP the better your odds of winning and each provider will have a different range. NetEnt's for example ranges from 95% - 98% across its games. Where as Microgaming and Playtech games are lower.
- Features - Do you like to auto play slots, place small or large bets, play multi hand blackjack or European or American roulette. There are many features to look out for but each one might not be specific to the provider but the actual games themselves so be sure to check before you play.
You might not even have taken notice of the software that create the games but just enjoy playing on certain themes of types, and that's ok too cause at the end of the day the goal is to have fun whilst playing for real money. And if you win or win big that's just a bonus.
Which are the fairest and safest to play?
Fairness and safety are two very different things. Each game has been created and displays a specific return to player rate showing you how much the game will payout over its lifetime.
Games are also tested by the regulartory bodies to ensure that only the games that perform to the highest standards make it through to the players like you.
This means that even some of the biggest like WMS and IGT go through the same scrutiny as some of the smallest like Red Tiger Gaming and Quickspin.
When it comes to safety and players, you're best off looking directly at the casinos themselves and the security measures that they put in place. Cause even though when licensing the casinos to use the software many precautions and steps are taken to vet them not every casino that displays them might be above board.
So if you find a casino with your favourite games be sure to check how they deal with the safety of their players.
Types of mobile games you can play
We've already mentioned a few game varieties that you'll find at mobile casinos online but here's a quick check list:
- Slot Machines ( classic 3 reelers, 5 reel + video slots, progressive slots)
- Blackjack table games (Single hand, multi hand, higher roller tables)
- Roulette games (European, American)
- Live Casino (blackjack, roulette)
- Video Poker
- Scratch Cards
Not all mobile gambling sites will offer the full suite of games, many only provide the top three with live dealer casino games from providers like Evolution Gaming becoming increasingly popular with Android and iPhone casinos.
Mobile casino software is more popular than ever
There was once a time when all you could do was play casino games online via your favourite desktop casino site. That however has now changed with many producing their games with mobile devices like Android, iPhone, iPad, Windows and Blackberry phones in mind.
The reason for this is that if they didn't then they would be missing out as revenue from mobile betting has now for many overtaken that of online, due to the benefits of being able to play casino where ever you are.
Easy access, quick deposits and variety of games has made our list of casino software providers all the more important to take a look at in order to get the best out of your real money casino play.
Will I find game studio specific mobile casino bonuses?
Yes, but only for a few different providers. Probably the most well known slot game is Starburst if you're allowed to play NetEnt games in your country. The reason being is the a vast majority of casinos offer no deposit free spins on sign up on this game but also free spins after deposit.
A NetEnt bonus is all well and good, but if you're in Canada where you can't play NetEnt games then you've probably come across the Book of Dead game by Play'n GO. With casinos like Leo Vegas offering 22 no deposit spins on sign up along with a further 200 after these software specific bonuses are often a great way to test out a new game or a new casino for that matter.