Online and mobile casinos let you take the thrills with you
No more do you have to be confined to your desktop to play your favourite casino games. With new cutting-edge technology and faster internet speeds comes with it a growing list of mobile casino sites offering you the chance to take a spin on slots machines or play a hand of blackjack instantly on your mobile device.
Mobile gambling has grown so much in the past few years that for many slots sites and casino companies its revenue now outweighs that of online casino gaming and desktop sites at around 59% - 41%.
And it's been recognised as so popular that you'll now find the newest casino games released on your favourite Android smartphone, tablet or other phone casinos at the same time as online. Letting you play seamlessly across whichever device that takes your fancy, all from the same account.
What is a mobile casino?
For those of you who are still unsure about what a mobile casino is here's our definition:
A mobile casino is an online casino site that you access via your smartphone or tablet like an iPhone or iPad which lets you play casino games including slot machines, and table games like blackjack, roulette, video poker games, and even interactive live casino instantly, on the go.
i.e. you can sign up for free, deposit, find and play a new mobile game of all types and varieties, play slot tournaments and even withdraw your winnings on your smartphone and tablet.
How to get started playing real money casino games
You can, of course, sign up to one of our recommended online casinos and play slots for free without ever making a deposit or giving your credit card details if that's your thing.
However, the real thrills of playing at our top-rated mobile casinos come when you make your first deposit and start playing with real money.
Why? Because for those of you who have never played for real money, you can now experience the risk factor involved, that you might lose what you've put in and walk away with no money to withdraw from your casino account and only a good time.
But that's why we gamble online and why you should too, to treat it as a form of entertainment, use only disposable money and never play with more than you can afford to. The gambling sites can help you set up deposit limits and restrictions to aid in responsible gambling if need be.
Quick steps to get playing within minutes:
- Find a new slots site by reading our online casino reviews and clicking the play now button
- Then sign up for free (you should never have to pay to sign up to a casino). You will have to give details like name, address and your email address. It only takes a minute to sign up.
- Then once you're in you can take a look around the variety of games, play any bonus spins, or make your first deposit
- When depositing you can choose to take a welcome bonus and play with more money or skip it and play with what you deposit.
- Once your money shows in your account, usually instantly (depending on deposit method), then find a game, open it and enjoy your gaming experience.
- Choose the amount you want to bet and then either press the spin button or deal a hand of blackjack or two.
It is that simple to play mobile casinos for real money. From start to finish you can be playing within a few minutes of reading a recommended review here on Lucky Mobile Casinos.
Is it safe to play casino online?
Our list of the best mobile casinos online contains all well-established sites that are licensed by top regulating bodies that as far as we are aware have had no complaints when it comes to players safety.
It's industry standard that they use the highest levels of encryption techniques to secure your data along with deposits and withdrawals. It's in their interest to make sure that their players, like you, feel safe and comfortable when playing from whichever device you are using.
With that in mind, there are a few things you can watch out for when entering your details. Make sure that the URL has 'https' as the start along with the instantly recognisable green padlock in your browser which denotes a secure connection.
And remember always update your phone software or computer operating system with the latest updates and install anti-virus software to protect yourself from any intrusions further.
So to answer the question, yes, it is safe to play at casinos for mobile phones as long as you pick the right ones that are licensed and regulated, and ensure not to choose any blacklisted or scam casinos, which you'll never find on this site.
How to choose the right phone casino for you
With so many mobile slot, roulette and blackjack sites out there to choose from and compare, with even more showing up every day it can be hard to cut through the crap and find the right Android or iPhone casino that provide you with an all-around gambling experience on your mobile phones and tablets.
That's where our unbiased, detailed and honestly written mobile casino reviews come in.
We give you all the knowledge you need to know before you sign up to a casino to make your life easier. From the game software providers and types of games, to deposit methods, and supported payment options, account currencies, user interface and of course for many the all-important mobile casinos with no deposit bonus and bigger welcome bonuses.
You'll find all of those details and more, but here's our quick guide to how to choose the right site for you depending on what you find more important.
- Player Experience: Do you like quick searches and easy to find games, or are you looking for weekly bonuses and casino loyalty programs? Whatever your needs, be sure to check out how each one works on your device before you fund your account.
- Casino Software and Games: The Video slots and live games are one of the essential parts of a site, and with so many casino software companies like Microgaming and NetEntertainment out there vying for your attention it's worth knowing more about each one and what they offer. Which is why we suggest checking out more information about them and which ones provide the slots and table games you like to play.
- Casino Bonuses: One of the biggest draws for many casinos is the welcome bonus they offer, from no deposit to deposit bonuses and free spins on Starburst and Book of Dead. It's worth shopping around to find one that suits you with terms you can accept. Don't forget to take in to account the max bonus amount.
- Security: If security and online safety is a priority, which it always should be, then make sure they enlist the latest encryption technologies and look out for https in the URL, along with the regulated gaming authorities logos.
- Customer Support: Not all casino websites are equal when it comes to customer services. Some only have email support, some have local telephone numbers, and some have live chat 24 hours a day 7 days a week, and some have all three. Have a quick conversation and test out their response times and answers to see how knowledgeable they are if in doubt.
- Payment Methods: Some are more generous in what casino payment options they offer. Many give you the basics like Visa, Debit Cards, Bank Transfer, and Skrill, but others will go even further with local deposit options like InstaDebit for Canadians and Paysafecard. You'll also find a PayPal casino or two, and some like the mFortune casino is a pay by phone casino letting you deposit even quicker using your phone bill through the mobile casino apps.
- Withdrawal Methods: These can vary depending on the casino, but the list is usually smaller than the amount of payment methods available, so be sure to check out how you can get your winnings out.
- Licensing: Scroll to the bottom of any casino, and you'll see who they are licensed by, top ones include Malta and UK Gambling Commission which ensure that their regulated casinos are working responsibly for their players, keeping your personal information safe.
We touched on it slightly, but one big part to any betting site is their welcome bonus, so that's why we're here to answer a few questions:
What you need to know about mobile casino bonuses
One way casinos try to grab your attention is through the use of a bonus offer. It might a be a few no deposit spins on sign up like Vera & John's exclusive bonus with 20 spins on ZOOM or through large deposit bonuses offering you 100%, 200% or more bonuses letting you play with more.
We talk about them more on our big list of bonuses, where you'll find a large variety of mobile slots sites and their bonus and promotion offers with specific country ones for UK, Canada, New Zealand and more.
Here's a quick rundown:
- Instant No Deposit Casino Bonus - A signup bonus you get when you register to a casino for free. Often in the form of free spins on a specific slot or selection of slot machines, you get to play for free without making a deposit.
- Free Spins or Bonus Spins - These are free bets on video slots that you'll either get as a bonus before or after you fund your casino account and make a deposit.
- 1st Deposit Bonus - These come in many forms and titles, they can be 100% match bonus where you get the same amount in bonus money as you deposit back to let you play with double your money like at Royal Panda. They can be much smaller or bigger but are always restricted by a maximum bonus amount.
- Free Money - These bonuses are getting harder to find. Free money offers are where instead of free spins you receive a certain amount of bonus money to play with and aren't usually restricted by a single game, which lets you try out more games. Online gambling venues like mFortune give you £€5 free on sign up whereas Videoslots gives £€$10 free after your first deposit.
There are many other names, types, and variations of welcome bonuses so make sure you know what they mean before you take one. As part of a welcome package you often can not only get a 1st deposit at many of our casinos listed above, but also 2nd deposit and 3rd deposit reloads on top.
Bonus wagering requirements are key to enjoyment
Then there's one thing you need to watch out for, the wagering requirements.
What are casino wagering requirements? These are stipulations to your phone casino bonus often shown as a multiplier like 20x or 45x that will define if you'll be able to cash out any real money winnings from the bonus offers.
Often with free spins bonuses, they refer to any winnings you get from spinning your free bonus spins whereas on deposits they are more closely tied to how much bonus money you get, or how much bonus plus winnings.
It's wise to make the time to read the full terms and conditions before you take a bonus to understand the requirements thoroughly and to find out on which mobile casino games you can play, as some progressive jackpots, live dealer games or table games don't count towards the requirements.
There are mobile phone casinos online with no wagering required on bonuses like mFortune casino app who let you keep what you win on their £€5 free and their 100% match bonus.
Then there are the likes of Rizk and Guts casino with no wagering free spins, you won't be able to cash out your winnings, but you will be able to play them as real money on your favourite slots.
Gamble responsibly online and enjoy yourself
Responsible gambling is being pushed more than ever by not only gambling commissions and license providers like the UK and Malta, but the betting sites themselves.
These protections help you get the most out of them in a way that won't hurt you or those around you.
From being able to set daily, weekly or monthly deposit limits to having support or advice ready and on hand if you need it.
After all, gambling online is a form of entertainment and should be considered as much, and should never be considered as a way to make money online.
Read our responsible gambling page for more information or contact customer support at your favourite gambling website for more info on how they can help.